Search engine optimization (SEO) is all about increasing the likelihood that your site will show up in search engines.
The better the visibility, the likelier you are to attract potential clients.
Google uses bots to crawl webpages, collecting and indexing information. Google’s famous algorithms analyze pages in this index, taking into account hundreds of ranking factors to determine the order pages should appear in the search results for every query. god? The real objective is getting the right prospects to not only find your website, but to find it engaging enough to stick around and become a lead that you can nurture convert into a customer. Keyword research is a important part of SEO. There is also a technical component to SEO and link-building is part of showing up in search.
Keywords have gotten smarter. Other key factors:
- Logical website organization. Good SEO is predicated on a logical site navigation schematic.
- Internal linking strategy. Developing a comprehensive internal linking strategy; this will help keep your audience engaged. Pages within your site—wherever there’s a relationship. It helps keep users on your site.
- A blog is an easy way to create a regular stream of high-value SEO content and be recognized as a thought leader. Adding new content to your site is the easiest way to keep it fresh.
- Include images. An estimated 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results. Use alt tags and label your images with the name of your company for additional SEO value.
- Social Media. Be there. Try to be active on at least two platforms. This really isn’t optional anymore
- Guides, infographics and videos—Deploy all of these—they’re great ways to increase your SEO value. Video continues to increase in popularity and SEO value. Companies that use video experience 41% more web traffic than do non-users. Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Update your website with current content. Your website requires constant attention or it’s not going to deliver for you. You need to be updating your website with keyword-rich content on a regular basis. The best way to do this is to start blogging. Make a commitment, set aside a few hours every week start writing. If you’re not a good writer, find someone who is. Create an editorial calendar to stay on track and avoid missing any key dates. Provide a case study—describing how you successfully helped a client is a superb way to update your content. Not only will you be contributing SEO-rich content, but you will be demonstrating your problem-solving expertise.
So many other things figure in, including creating a Google Business Profile
Adding your blogs and images to this page and keeping it fresh. Getting people to review you on this page. Getting Google Business Profile reviews. Creating backlinks. The list is endless. This is all part of a comprehensive SEO strategy. It’s a living, breathing thing that needs constant attention. Contact Top of Mind Marketing. We’re helping our clients develop and execute SEO strategies that help them rank in search engines.